Twitter is one of those things that gets web folk excited. You just know that there’s some good info in there somewhere. But it’s also crowded, with a high signal to noise ratio.
In an attempt to filter out some of the fluff, I put together this list of twitter feeds for UX Designers.
Here’s my editorial stance on this list:
- paint with a broad brush; this list has feeds focusing on IA, IxD, research, and many points in between/beyond
- keep it relevant; there are more UX Designers out there who are using twitter, but many of them tweet about their personal lives rather than UX
But most importantly, I don’t consider this finished by any means. Please RT and submit more in the comments!
UPDATE: Some input has already helped improve the list of top UX feeds-more suggestions are always welcome.
Twitter is a great way to stalk learn more about influential people in your field.
- @AndrewCrow : sr ux at adaptive path, basecamp ninja
- @austingovella : uxd, boxes and arrows contrib
- @azaaza (aza raskin) : vp of ux at mozilla, wunderkind
- @brandonschauer : dir of ux, adaptive path; really sharp strategist
- @cb (chris baum) : uxd, boxes and arows contrib
- @chrisfahey : co-founder, behavior
- @cwodtke (christina wodtke) : too many creds to list
- @brownorama (dan brown) : author; partner, eight shapes
- @odannyboy (dan saffer) : author; founder, kicker studio
- @henningfischer : project lead, adaptive path
- @jmspool (jared spool) : ceo at uie, one of the wittier tweeps
- @jjg (jesse james garrett) : author; founder, president adaptive path
- @johnwhalen : ux/ia, phd, good ux blog
- @nickf (nick finck) : co-founder, blue flavor
- @morville (peter morville) : author, the polar bear book
- @louisrosenfeld : author, the polar bear book (tweets are about 1/2 IA, but still good)
- @semanticwill (will evans) : mr. semantic
…and related folks…
- @mediajunkie (christian crumlish) : author, blogger
- @erickschonfeld : co-editor, techcrunch
- @guykawasaki : start-up upstart
- @Jason Calacanis : founder weblogs inc, techcrunch50, mahalo
- @jasonfried : founder, 37 signals
- @zeldman (jeffrey zeldman) : author; ecd, happy cog
- @bokardo (josh porter) : founder, bokardo; brings a little more sociology and psych to he party
- @nathanlotz : photographer
Ah, blogs… need more!
- @boxesandarrows : design thinking
- @designobserver : basically acts as a notice when design observer articles are posted
- @mashable : like a mini feed of mashable posts and links
- @techcrunch : tech news (actually it’s michael arrington)
- @usabilitycounts : a little varied, but mostly usability issues
I love going to conferences for work. It’s like getting paid to be at college for a few days. With a bunch of strangers. And sponsorship. This list needs more!
- @uxweek : a great conference from adaptive path
- @iasummit2009 : already happened, but a good spot for updates
- @idea09 (idea conference 2009) : haven’tbeen, but looks good.
Firms playing a big role in the UX field…need more!!!
- @refreshdc : dc-area ux/it/webdev/webdes group; meets up for lectures and such (have one in your neck of the woods?)
- @uxnet : a good centralized source of what’s going on in the ux community
- @everything_IxD : I don’t know who this is, but they retweet a lot of the other folks listed here; like an aggregator
Let me know how these twitter feeds are working for you, and please suggest others that you like!